- 1 How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive
- 1.1 Method 1: How To Remove Virus Using cmd
- 1.2 Method 2: Remove Shortcut Virus Using HitmanPro
- 1.3 Method 3: Use UsbFix to Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device.
- 1.4 Method 4: Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device using Malwarebytes
- 1.5 Method 5: Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device Boot Time Scan
Hello, friends today I tell you “How to Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive” and we are going to share all easy methods. Here we are going to share four simple tricks to remove the shortcut virus from your computer or Pen drive automatically. I recommend you to follow this article step by step and I assure you that this particular article will definitely help you.
Pendrives and USB drive especially those which we used on public computers such as in schools, Internet cafes, hotels etc, are very susceptible to contamination by viruses present on other users of the mechanical devices. If you see most of the computer users are not using antivirus or any other tool that why their computers may have lots of viruses. If you plug your Pendrive to their computers then you have the risk, that your pendrive or USB drive may affect by the different type of viruses. But most common is the “shortcut virus” that creates many unwanted icons on your USB device while hidden files that really matter; hindering or even preventing, the access to them.
First, if you notice unwanted icon shortcut suddenly appears on your pendrive or USB devices then I first recommend you to scan your pendrive or USB drive with antivirus. If still this problem is not solved then follow all the step from below.
How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive
So, friends, I think you scan your Pendrive with a antivirus but if still your problem is still not solved then just follow my steps. Here I will show you total 5 different methods and the best thing is that is I will show you “How to remove virus using cmd” as well as here we also show some best shortcut virus remover software.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Keyboard Apps for Android in 2018
Method 1: How To Remove Virus Using cmd
There is an option to remove the virus using cmd I mean shortcut virus. So without further delay just follow steps from below to Remove Virus Using cmd.
- Step 1: plug in your USB drive into the pc or laptop.
- Step 2: Press the windows button and “r” button together to open RUN.
- Step 3: Now copy below command and paste it command prompt which you open already and press enter. ATTRIB G:*.* /D /S -H -R -S (Replace letter G with your drive letter)
- Step 4: Now wait for a couple of minutes and once it’s completed successfully the shortcut virus will be removed from your PC.
Method 2: Remove Shortcut Virus Using HitmanPro
If your problem is still not solved then I recommend you to try HitmanPro. Because HitmanPro is the best shortcut virus removing tool which can help you to rid out of this problem from your Pendrives, USB drives and computers also. It’s also one of the most underrated malware scanners as well.
- Step 1: First of all download HitmanPro on your windows device.
- Step 2: After downloaded install HitmanPro on your pc.
- Step 3: Then open this application and activate 30 day premium version trial and click on next.
- Step 4: Now in the next window select ‘No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer’ and then tap on ‘Next’.
- Step 5: Now HitmanPro performs a full scan on your pc and find different kind of virus like malware, trojan, rootkit e.t.c
- Take a look at all the files before deleting and uncheck all .dll files because this antivirus may detect some important DLL files as malware.
That’s all after doing this kind of task, restart your pc and enjoy. So, this is how you can use Hitman Pro to remove Shortcut virus from your computer.
Also Read: Root Android Phone | Best Root Apps 2018
Method 3: Use UsbFix to Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device.
Here we talk about a very good USB repair software called USBFIX. Finally, if you decide to remove shortcut virus from pendrive with the help of software then you are in right place. Just download UsbFix software and follow below steps to clean any kind of virus. But before the start, the process lets talk about some features of UsbFix software.
Key features Of UsbFix
- Support: UsbFix has an excellent support system and a good forum too. With the help of this forum, you may find all your answer about this UsbFix tool.
- Removable Devices Support: Not just pc it also supports Pendrives and other USB drives
- Repair: It can also repair damaged registry files, hidden files and task managers also.
- Updates: This software update regularly to find new viruses.
How to use UsbFix to Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device.
- Step 1: At first Download UsbFix From Here and Install on your computer.
- Setp 2: After complete install does restart your pc.
- Step 3: Now connect your virus infected pendrive to your pc and Open UsbFix software.
- Step 4: Then click on the “Clean” button.
- Step 5: Now wait for a couple of minutes. Because it takes some time to clean all the shortcut viruses from your removable drive.
- After the completion restart your pc again and reinsert USB again and you can see there will be no shortcut virus there.
Method 4: Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device using Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is another great antivirus free tool and it’s so effective also. Malwarebytes detects almost any kind of Malware on your system and removable devices also.
- Step 1: Go to the Malwarebytes official website.
- Click on free download and install on your pc. The free version is enough to remove shortcut virus.
- After complete install click on open and when dashboard opens then click on scan.
- Now choose your drive and click on start until complete scan.
- After complete scan, check your pendrive you can see there will be no shortcut virus there.
Also Read: What is YouTube Premiere
Method 5: Remove the Shortcut Virus from Your USB storage device Boot Time Scan
Boot time scan is the most powerful scan system is still now. It scans pc before windows load. This worked fine and not just Shortcut virus it removes almost any kind of virus, trojan, malware, rootkits and million other viruses as well. If your pc is infected by any kind of viruses and you think your device has any kind of problem then I recommend you to do a boot time scan at least one time. But before doing this thing take a backup of your pc and I recommend you to use Avast Boot Scan which is also a good one.
So I think all the five methods will help you to remove the shortcut virus from prendrive and your query solved about “How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive”. But if you still face any kind of problem then comment below and don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter to stay tuned with us. Thanks.