How To Download and Install Miui 9
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to select devices starting with Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2. The Chinese smartphone company has already revealed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM over-the-air (OTA) update will be restricted to only a few devices and will see a steady rollout.
Here’s how to download and install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi smartphone:
- At first, users need to open fast boot. But before fast booting, users must have the bootloader unlocked. They can do it by switch off their devices and then press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with fastboot screen.
Also Read: Jio Republic Day Offer 2018
- Users can connect their phones with USB to PC, click Refresh button in flash tool app and it should show device ID. If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted here. Extract the fastboot ROM downloaded, to a folder on PC.
- Open MiFlash tool, and select Clean all in the right down corner
- Click Select and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click Flash
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and Users should note that they cannot remove their device while flashing.
- The device will reboot with MIUI 9.